Timeline of Message
- 1:15 Huffington Post "Top 10 rules to Live By"
- 2:50 What would you want people to say what you lived by at your funeral?
- 3:25 Scripture Passage Galatians 2:15-21
15 We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; 16 yet we know that a person is not justified[a] by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
17 But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor. 19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness[b] were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.
- 5:25 Paul was trying to warn people of some of the things they were getting into.
- Forcing people to become Jews
- 8:00 Works of the law do not equal salvation, it is through Jesus Christ
- 9:30 God has one rule "I live by faith through Jesus."
- 10:00 Scripture Passage John 3:16-18
- 16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
- 12:00 Faith in Jesus is in God's plan and we need to be reminded of it, because we tend to add.
- 12:30 The human heart has a tendency for scorekeeping and wants to add Jesus + something and that is not correct
- 14:20 There are 3 implications by living by faith in Jesus Christ
- 14:40 #1 You have to know Jesus - We believe in the concept of God, but do you trust in Christ? If you are going to trust a person, you need to know a person.
- 16:30 Sadly, we have turned faith in to a one time deposit by focusing on the first moment we accepted Christ into our life
- 17:30 Faith is not a one time deposit, it is an ongoing relationship
- 18:50 Jesus knows you, he wants you to know him
- 19:00 #2 Following Jesus Christ is not a neat little box
- 19:35 Jesus is not neat and tidy. It can be messy
- 20:30 Scripture Passage Matthew 9:10-13
10 And as Jesus[b] reclined at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Jesus and his disciples. 11 And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12 But when he heard it, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
- 22:00 There will be misunderstandings with other Christians and it will lead to at times awkward situations
- 23:30 We have an example (Jesus) in the scriptures and a Spirit to help us follow, but not everything is black and white.
- 25:00 #3 You are not going to be like those around you
- 25:10 Scripture Reading
- 26:00 You are going to march to a different drumbeat than others.
- 28:00 There is only one pathway "Faith in Jesus Christ"
- 28:50 "What do you live off"
- Being in control
- Appreciation form others
- 30:00 Live off Jesus