- 0:00 Forbes Magazine - Are you being true to your values?
- 2:13 Who do you say Jesus is? The biggest question you will ever answer.
- 2:42 Is this for the fame and claim of Jesus Christ?
- Jesus directs our calendars. Many of our holidays come from Jesus
- There has been more bloodshed over the name of Jesus than any other leader.
- 5:00 It's also for the claim that Jesus made that no one comes to the father except through me.
- 6:30 We need to answer the question as our reality intersects with Jesus. We cannot sustain ourselves.
- Science takes us to a point, but everyone dies.
- Jesus states that he has the poser to solve man's greatest dilema
- 8:28 Luke 9
Peter Confesses Jesus as the Christ
18 Now it happened that as he was praying alone, the disciples were with him. And he asked them, “Who do the crowds say that I am?” 19 And they answered, “John the Baptist. But others say, Elijah, and others, that one of the prophets of old has risen.” 20 Then he said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” And Peter answered, “The Christ of God.”
Jesus Foretells His Death
21 And he strictly charged and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22 saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.”
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus
23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? 26 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. 27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”
11:30 Jesus actually has a 90% approval rating right now in our country.
13:29 C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity states we either need to take Jesus at his word or run away from him completely.
14:30 Realize that Jesus Christ is not a first and last name. Christ means Messiah.
15:10 This coming week start thinking of Jesus as the Messiah. The one who is going to make everything right.
- 17:41 God sent the Messiah to overcome death and sin, not to overthrow the government which was the predominant view in Jesus's day.
- 18:40 Jesus came to give life not to destroy life.
- 19:42 So this begs the question, who or what is your Messiah?
- For some of you it's your career
- Or could it be your outward appearance
- Everyone's got a messiah, someone or something giving them purpose
- 21:15 Know that what ever your messiah/currency outside of Jesus Christ cannot be cashed in or it will run out during your life.
- 22:53 So what does it mean for you if Jesus is your Messiah?
- 25:04 If Jesus is your Messiah it's not about you, it's about Jesus.
- 25:30 It's not about your comfort, it's about your Glory.
- 26:55 Jesus is saying, lay yourself down. It's about me.
- 27:36 If Jesus is your Messiah, it's not about you.
- It may mean that you will have to give up something of comfort
- You may have to set aside the good thing to focus on the God thing
- 29:34 There is some bad news. v 26
- For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
- There's a stern warning of reality of what happens if Jesus is not our Messiah?
- 30:40 Will you confess that Jesus is your Messiah?