The sermon began with a recap of our City Love Teams. The following video will give you a glimpse into this area of ministry at KOG>
Hear what the Lord says: Arise, plead your case before the mountains, and let the hills hear your voice. Hear, you mountains, the indictment of the Lord, and you enduring foundations of the earth, for the Lord has an indictment against his people, and he will contend with Israel. “O my people, what have I done to you? How have I wearied you? Answer me! For I brought you up from the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, and I sent before you Moses, Aaron, and Miriam. O my people, remember what Balak king of Moab devised, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him, and what happened from Shittim to Gilgal, that you may know the righteous acts of the Lord.” “With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?” He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:1-8 (ESV)
- 14:53 As followers of Jesus Christ we have a call to be serious about that what God is serious about.
- If I claim the name of Jesus I am also claiming the name of justice.
- In the manger you saw the face of God because you saw Jesus. Jesus is the face of God. God is a God of justice.
- 20:02 Loving kindness - (mercy) Inner covenant of compassion, ever lasting love.
- Where do we see this loving kindness? Jesus
- 25:00 God wants his people to be about justice.
- 25:32 If you love God you love people. If you worship God, you're going to be about justice.
- 27:18 You are a follower of Jesus Christ because of the Grace of God.
- 27:24 We do not do justice to get right with God. We do justice because God has made us right with himself.