Timeline of Message
- 0:10 Story of driving without directions
- 2:30 Have you been on a road to nowhere?
- 3:00 Road to nowhere: A pathway of religion - religious activity
- 4:15 Religious activity puts us in a state of pride.
- 5:00 Road to nowhere: A pathway of Free For All
- 5:30 A concept of love is God - Who are you to judge me
- 6:30 Road to nowhere: Third pathway: Me First! - Every decision that always revolves around me
- 7:18 Road to nowhere: Fourth pathway: People pleasing - "Are they going to still like me if I do this?"
- 8:00 God wants a different path for you
- 8:45 Galatians 1:1-10
Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— 2 and all the brothers[a] who are with me,
To the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
No Other Gospel
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant[b] of Christ.
- 10:00 the reality is that there is not another Gospel. Paul is stating there is only one true way to God.
- 11:15 Watch out for false teachers.
- 14:00 We need to return to the heart of the main message which is the message of Jesus Christ
- 14:35 The Gospel means Good News
- 15:15 Romans 1:1-6
- Paul, a servant[a] of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David[b] according to the flesh 4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, 6 including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,
- 17:40 The Gospel is the announcement of Jesus Christ
- 19:00 The Gospel shares that we are free from Satan and also satisfying the wrath of God.
- 20:50 Is my view focused on the Gospel? Do I believe that Jesus is King?
- 22:20 Who is King in your life?
- 24:50 You know you are a people pleaser if you have gotten to the point what you are supposed to do or forgotten who you are
- 24:50 It is freeing to live as a servant of Christ because you have approval of the one who matters so you can live the same whoever you may be around.
- 25:35 The best way to battle discouragement is to have the approval of the almighty King. It doesn't compare to anyone else.
- 27:15 Let's be people who say "I'm going to glorify God than worry about pleasing others."
- 27:45 The story of nothing worse than standing at a funeral and not knowing where that person is.
- 31:20 Return to the Gospel
- 32:19 Are you ready for your funeral? It's a 100% death rate.