Scripture Passage Galatians 3:1-7
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. 2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by[a] the flesh?4 Did you suffer[b] so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
Timeline of Message
- 0:00 Story of the broken lawn mower
- 1:45 Is your spiritual walk like a self propelled lawn mower that will gets stuck?
- 3:15 How do you have Vibrant Spiritual Life?
- 3:50 The problem is you want control
- 4:20 A healthy vibrant spiritual life means you need to give up control
- 5:00 It's impossible to have a vibrant spiritual life without the Holy Spirit
- 5:50 Who is the Holy Spirit?
- The Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son
- It is actually a person (Mathew 28, John 14)
- A personal being dwelling among us
- 11:50 You can't have spirituality without the Holy spirit
- 12:20 The Necessity of the Holy Spirit
- 13:00 You can not come to God without God
- 13:50 You can not follow God without God allowing it
- 14:50 Faith is a gift and it is dependent on God
- 1 Corinthians 12:3 3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is a Necessity
- 16:50 The Holy Spirit is Available for us
- Galatians 3:2-3 Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by[a] the flesh?
- God is asking "Why would you do it on your own when the Holy Spirit is avaialble?"
- Luke 11:13 13 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”
- Jesus is saying the Holy Spirit is available today!
- 19:25 Do you believe in the availability of the Holy Spirit?
- 20:00 We need the Holy Spirit as the Flesh is very strong
- 21:15 True Christian Spirituality is not looking to oneself it is looking to the Holy Spirit for Strength, Power and Identity
- 22:00 And this can make some of you uncomfortable, but do not resist it
- 22:30 Pray "Holy Spirit I submit to you"
- 24:30 Do not rest on your feelings regarding the Holy Spirit, rest on the promises of God
- 26:40 Jesus said in Luke 7 "Ask and you will receive"
- Pray "Lord make me aware of your Spirit and sensitive to your word."