- Love God, Love People
- 1:32 - Love is the fulfillment fo the whole law
- The whole law was written as a description of how to love people.
- 8:50 - What does the Bible say about people?
- 9:08 - Two overarching things that all of us have in common: M&M's
- 1) All of us are much more beautiful than we recognize
- 2) All of us are much more rebellious than we acknowledge
- 9:55 - The beauty of humanity.
- Psalm 8:5-8
5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,
7 all sheep and oxen,
and also the beasts of the field,
8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.
- You are valuable because God values you.
- We are beautiful because we are created by God.
- James 3:9 - With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.
- Psalm 8:5-8
- 16: 40 - The brokenness of humanity.
- Romans 3:9-18 - What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” "The venom of asps is under their lips.” “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness." “Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.
- Romans 5:10 - For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.
- 1 Corinthians 12:3 - Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.
- In and of ourselves, we cannot choose Jesus. This is how rebellious we are.
- "Sin is not some surface blemish on what is otherwise a beautiful human face. Instead it is radical. It effects the core of our being." D.A. Carson
- 26:13 - Regeneration. God sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to die on your behalf.
- 26:35 Understanding people is going to drive us to love people
- 26:50 Understanding people is going to drive us to bring a Savior to them.