Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To God’s holy people in Ephesus,[a] the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he[b]predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he[d] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.
11 In him we were also chosen,[e] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
- 1:45 We all have roles. take some time to jot down the roles you have in life.
- Brother or Sister
- Primary vocation
- Money Manager
- 4:00 Take some time to grade yourself. A-F. How are you doing in those roles
- 7:05 The enemy wants you to think that some of your roles are independent of God
- 8:45 When you made that list, we should have started that list with "As a Christian, my role is.."
- 9:35 If you want to be a healthy person in any role, we need to approach it as a Christian.
- 12:14 Paul opens up in Ephesians into the longest sentence known to some in the Greek language. This one sentence is a big part why we have so many denominations today. God didn't care if you understand it all and agreed with it.
- 15:33 God is not interested in our agreement, he is interested in getting our attention.
- 16:30 God made a choice beforehand that he is the origin of your salvation. God chose to save us.
- 18:24 The freedom of the highest value in our society is political freedom. But that is not the freedom in the scriptures.
- 19:35 v 13 We heard the good news that was preached to us.
- 20:50 Predestination does not remove us from making decisions.
- 21:05 God is outside of Logic.
- 23:50 God is the source of everything. If your saved, you're in Christ.
- 27:50 All of God's plan and blessing was through Jesus.
- 28:08 If you 're struggling with joy this morning, rejoice in the Lord.
- 29:08 The goal of everything is God's glory. God is the Goal. It's all about God.
- 32:00 How does this impact today
- We have a different perspective. It's not all about me. There's something bigger than myself going on in the world today.
- If I want to be spiritually healthy, I need to look outside of myself.
- You have everything you need. In him we have attained an inheritance. When you here the lie, you need this to be happy, you need to fight back. You need to remember you have an inheritance.
- 40:00 The question is are you going to be a "spouse, parent, worker, etc" in Christ?