Luke 15:1-10 Parable of the Lost Sheep
1 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. 2 And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.”
3 So he told them this parable: 4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ 7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
The Parable of the Lost Coin
8 “Or what woman, having ten silver coins,[a] if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it? 9 And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.’ 10 Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
- 3:09 Most of us don't want to be reckless, but God is asking us to be reckless with the ones in our path
- 5:11 God pursues the lost. God is a reckless lover of people
- 6:50 God likens the Shepard to be reckless in pursuing the one over the 99
- 7:50 God celebrates the one who recklessly chases the one who is doing the work of Christ
- 9:19 the "Lost" is separated from God
- 14:24 What do I do when I notice the one? You can listen to last weeks message for more information.
- Pray for an opportunity
- Engage with people around you
- How can I pray for you?
- What is your stress level this week?
- Followup. This isn't a one and done deal
- 19:30 Stories of someone engaging the one
- 25:10 Take the time to ask the question with those around you