Eph 1:15-23 Thanksgiving and Prayer
15 For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, 16 I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church,23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.
- 1:15 the story of the John D. Rockefeller
- 3:31 Many people may say that the church is weak. You and I have everything, we just haven't allocated it.
- 7:55 We need to realize that we have an amazing inheritance
- 9:00 Everything depends on having hope. We need to have hope as humans.
- 10:00 When there is no expectation of good, people stop taking action.
- 13:05 We need to be aware of the power we have in God.
- 16:30 To deny demonic activity is to deny Christ. Christ cast out demons.
- 18:00 There is demonic activity all around us.
- 21:09 What is the church? The church is the body of Christ (v.23)
- 23:50 What we are requesting of the church would it be demanded by Jesus?
- 26:43 We need to acknowledge that Jesus is the authority of all things.
- It can be difficult sometimes for some of us who have control issues
- When we have relationship issues in our life, acknowledge that God has authority over it
- Our marriage
- Our work
- 33:05 Are you and I acknowledging, trusting and submitting to the authority of Christ
- Who is the authority in your life?
- Who is the authority in this church?