1:33 Philippians 2: 1-18
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain. 17 Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. 18 Likewise, you also should be glad and rejoice with me.
1:27 Why does God do what God does?
- 3:00 Jesus had a primary focus on this earth, the cross.
- 4:45 We need to remember that the cross was something horrible. It was meant to kill.
- 6:00 Jesus came to the cross for the Glory of God. He is obsessed with His own Glory.
- 8:00 Why does God have mercy on us? It's for his own Glory.
- 9:00 It's a good thing God wants his own Glory. He is a perfect God.
- 10:39 Romans 11:36 "For from him and to him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen."
- 12:11 Everytime God works through some of his people, it is for the Glory of God.
- 15:00 Rev 21:22-23 "And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.
- 16:31 Does the purpose of my life reflect the purpose of God? Is it in alignment?
- 18:13 Are you going to take am for God's glory or are you going to take aim for your own Glory?
- 18:50 God-centered Christianity is everything revolves around the Glory of God.
- 19:45 Everyone loves Christmas. It provides that moment of bliss. But for many, it is a season of discouragement. It reminds you of things that are wrong.
- 21:22 If it's a God-centered Christmas is more than a moment of bliss. It is a reminder of what God has done in the flesh.
- Christmas is about the Gory of God
- 23:00 Are we seeking to honor God in the mundane?
- Playing with our kids
- With your friends
- with your work
- 24:00 Are you honoring God with your money?
- 25:00 Take a reflection over the past year and asked have you honored God with my firstfruits.
- 26:20 Are you stepping out in faith and then praising God if it came to pass. Setting goals beyond your capability.
- 28:31 Where are you taking a step of faith today?