Scripture Passage Galatians 6:1-10
Bear One Another's Burdens
6 Brothers,[a] if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. 2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor. 5 For each will have to bear his own load.
6 Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. 7 Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. 10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Timeline of Message
- 0:00 God, others, myself
- 1:50 You were not redeemed just for God
- 3:00 Your earthly family is important, but the family of God is eternal
- 6:40 We need to realize that we have blind spots in our lives and we need people to speak to the things we do not see
- 7:30 v1: We need to appraoch those that are struggling.
- Being "caught in transgression" can mean that someone is drowning not just I caught you in your sin
- Be watchful for others struggling but be careful to compare yourself to others
- 11:25 v2 We are called to walk alongside others with the burden of their life
- That will at times require difficult conversations
- It will also require us to admit we need help as well.
- 14:50 Our goal needs to be someone who restores others
- 16:10 The church is a community of people gathering together
- 17:35 So do you belong to the church? Are you responsible to others and that they are responsible to you?
- 19:00 We need to fight isolation? Satan will fight for every way to be isolated
- 21:45 We also need to dig deep. If we only talk about surface level things, we will only impact each other on surface level things.
- 23:10 Ask deep questions?
- What have you been praying for lately?
- What has the Bible been speaking to you lately about?
- What are you afraid of these days?
- 15:00 Take time. You can not microwave relationships
- 26:25 Remember what unites us. As Christians, Christ unites us.
- 30:00 When we realize the necessity of others, we can help others and be able to say "I need help"