The King of Glory Mission Ministry Team recently announced the 2014 Benevolence Report, outlining which organizations the congregation is supporting through its missions giving. Below is a letter from the ministry team.
King of Glory congregation:
King of Glory’s 2014 operating budget allows for allocating 10 percent of the budget towards missions. Of that 10 percent, 40 percent is designated for local missions, 30 percent to world missions, 20 percent to the North American Lutheran Church and 10 percent to the deacon fund.
King of Glory’s Mission Ministry team is tasked with deciding which local and world organizations will receive those funds. As this team worked through the process they focused on our congregation’s mission and vision statements and made it a priority to make meaningful impacts to a handful of organizations. Your weekly giving enables our congregation to continually support God's mission here locally and also globally.
Below is the breakdown for 2014.
• $2,000 given to Sioux Falls Ministry Center
• $2,500 given to Center of Hope
• $2,500 given to The Community Outreach
• $2,500 given to Compassion Childcare Center
• $1,975 given to LifeLight
• $1,000 given to Furniture Mission
Total 2014 Allotment for Local Missions: $12,475
• $2,000 given to AMONG Foundation
• $2,000 given to Robin's Nest Children’s Home in Jamaica
• $3,356 set aside for King of Glory members pursuing mission trips to help aid in the cost of travel and/or to cover cost of projects completed
• $2,000 given to Shedd & Kris Waskosky's Bible Translating Ministry
Total 2014 Allotment for World Missions: $9,356
Prayerfully and Respectfully,
King of Glory’s Mission Ministry Team
Todd Brua, Heidi Gravett , Doug Jenson, Delores Johnson, Gary Loftesness and Katie Reilly