It felt like home! The kids seemed much more settled in last night to their new surroundings. I want to first thank you, parents, for responding to my request last week to the check-in and out procedures! We want to insure that everything is done for your child's safety while they are in our care. We began the evening putting actions to the 1st 5 commandments to go with our song. Ask your child if they can do them for you. It will also be a helpful tool for you in teaching the 10 commandments to your children. One of our preschool children recited for me the 10 commandments. It only takes a little time on your part, and the reward is everlasting!
Here are a few important items for your attention:
1. King's Kids During Wednesday Worship Services:
- There will be King's Kids next Wed., February 11.
- There will be no King's Kids on Ash Wednesday, February 18. There will be King's Kids during the remaining 5 weeks of services beginning February 25. We will meet in the Adult Classroom. We will be serving Pizza meal during these 6 Wed. services. A sign-up for meal will be on the Sunday connection card and on-line. Please do help us to make sure we have enough food by using the sign-up or calling the church office at 271-3456 by the Monday before each Wed. service.
- Also, during this time of Wed. services, the 4th & 5th grade students will be joining our Middle School. This will be an opportunity for them to get to know Doyle, Student Ministries Coordinator, and the middle school students. The 5th grade students will remain with the MS after this time as they make the transition to MS and the summer MS activities. The 4th grade children will come back to King's Kids.
2. 1st Communion Reminder: Last class is February 25 at 5:30pm (time change). Children will need to go to Color Me Mine to paint their communion chalis by February 18th so they can be fired and picked up to be available for 1st communion on March 1.
4. Go4Gold Family Event - The sign-up for this is on the church website and connection card beginning this Sunday. Hope you all can join us for this great fellowship opportunity!
5. MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL 2015 - Dates are set for May 31 through June 4, 2015! This is always a favorite for kids and adults alike. If you would like to join the fun in planning and preparing this year's VBS, please let myself or Sarah Marohl know.
Please remember to be praying for the King's Kids Leaders & Kid's Worship Leaders as they minister to the children! I encourage you to find a way to express your thanks to them also for their time and commitment to the Lord and to King of Glory's Children's Ministries!
"To the King of Kings, immortal, invisible, the only God, be all glory and honor forever and ever!"
1 Timothy 1:17