It was another great night of digging into God's Word at King's Kids as our younger children heard and experienced Jesus death on the cross and what that means for them. The older children learned of God's promise that if we remain steadfast in trials, we will receive the crown of life!
The children practiced singing the Books of the Bible acapella. WOW, can't wait for them to share during the 10:15am Worship Service on Sunday, April 27. If possible, please plan to arrive by 10am this morning so the children can warm up. We will gather them upstairs at 10am. Also, the preschool/kind. children will be receiving t-shirts like the older kids next Wed., April 9. We will be taking a group picture at the end of the night. We would also like all the children to wear their t-shirts on Sunday, April 27th when they sing. Please help remind your child(ren) to wear them!
Here are some things you can do this week to prepare your child(ren) for the upcoming week:
King's Kids Preschool-Kind - Wed., April 9 - Jesus is Alive
- Read the story of Jesus Resurrection - Luke 24:1-12 - This is a great opportunity for parents to discuss what the best part about Easter is and the difference between worldly Easter Celebration and how your family as Christians celebrate Easter.
- Memory Verse - Psalm 119:105 - Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
King's Kids 1st-5th - Wed., April 9 - Joy Comes in the Morning
- We have spent the last few lessons on trials and sufferings hear on earth and how as Christians the bible says we will suffer. This week spend some time discussion with your child(ren) the result of staying strong in our faith in those times and that God promises to turn those times into Joy in the end.
- Read Philippians 4:4-7 and Psalm 30. Pray with your child(ren) this week and ask God to help you have joy always.
- Choose one of these verses to memorize with your child - Psalm 30:4-5, Psalm 30:11, or 1 Peter 5:10.
Kid's Worship (pre-3rd) - Sunday, April 6 - Red Jelly Bean Easter Lesson
- The children will read about Jesus’ arrest and betrayal. The disciples couldn’t understand why Jesus allowed himself to be arrested. They didn’t understand that dying was part of God’s plan to save us from our sins. Discussion Questions:
- How do you think the disciples felt when Jesus was arrested?
- Why did Jesus have to die?
- How would you explain why Jesus died to someone who had never heard the story?