We are so thankful for all of you who have already signed up to volunteer for the children's ministry Wednesday nights. Below you will find a description of the various volunteer opportunities! As you consider joining the Wednesday night programming here at King of Glory, we also ask that you would be praying for the leaders, volunteers and kids as we continue to pass on the truth of scripture to the kids here on Wednesday nights!
King's Kids Volunteer Opportunities:
- Meal Volunteers (5:00 - 7:00) - The meal crew will be in charge of set up, serving and cleaning up the meal area. The food will be prepared in advance each Wednesday night. Setting up includes tables, chairs, and setting up the serving station. Serving will be from 6:15 - 6:45 each night. Clean up includes putting food away, picking up tables and chairs, and sweeping eating area.
- Game Leaders (6:15 - 6:45) - The game leaders are present for those kids who are arriving early. Each game will be prepared in advance and ready to go by 6:15 each night. Leaders will also get a set of instructions for the games prior to arriving so they are able to prepare for the night.
- Van Drivers (6:00 - 6:40 and 7:45 - 8:15) - Each night we will need two different people driving to pick up and bring kids home. One driver will be driving the 15 passenger van while the other will be driving their own vehicle to pick up a group of kids. There will be a rider for the 15 passenger van to help with transporting kids to and from King's Kids.
- Van Ride Along (6:00 - 6:40 and 7:45 - 8:15) - The ride along is in charge of helping kids get a spot and buckled up for the ride. They ride with the kids in the back helping with any issues that come up on the trip
- Registration (6:25 - 6:45) - There are two parts to the registration position. First, there are two tables set up at the entry point when kids arrive. This is a check in area for the parents/adults bringing their children on Wednesday nights. The second area is the name badge area. The kids who have registered all have a name badge they may find. For any friends or kids who are coming but have not registered there will be name stickers to fill out for each child needing one.
- Small group teacher (6:30 - 7:45) - This position is the leader of the small group time. During this time (7:20-7:45) the kids will break into small groups to continue to talk about the lesson for the day. The small group teacher will lead the activities and questions set up for this time. All resources and materials with be set up and ready for you each Wednesday night. The teaching material will also be given to you for the month in advance so you have time to prepare for the small group times.
- Small group Sheppard (6:30 - 7:45) - The Sheppard for the small group is there to build relationship with the kids in your small group, as well as being present to give one on one attention when needed. It is our hope that the Sheppard of each group would be present so the teacher can focus on leading the small group. This is an awesome opportunity for those who would like to invest time getting to know the kids in the small group and helping keep the kids focused during the small group time!
- PreK/K Small group Sheppard (6:30 - 7:45) - The Sheppard for the small group is there to build relationship with the kids in your small group, as well as being present to give one on one attention when needed. It is our hope that the Sheppard of each group would be present so the teacher can focus on leading the small group. This is an awesome opportunity for those who would like to invest time getting to know the kids in the small group and helping keep the kids focused during the small group time!
Again, we are so grateful for everyone who has already volunteered to be a part of our King's Kids ministry! It is such a blessing to have so many people willing to give their time to invest in the children's ministry here at King of Glory. If you have already signed up, or if you are signing up now, thank you! Also, please keep your eye out for an email with the details of your volunteer commitment!
If you have any further questions, or would like to know more about what is taking place here at King of Glory, please feel free to contact me - Doyle Burnside - any time! You can reach me at email@example.com or by phone - 605-310-2561.